Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Take the CleanSweep test on money

Answer each question. If true, tick the box. Be rigorous; be a hard grader. If the statement is sometimes or usually true please DO NOT tick the box until the statement is virtually always true for you.  (No "credit" until it is really true!) If the statement does not apply to you, tick the box. If the statement will never be true for you, tick the box. (You get "credit" for it because it does not apply or will never happen.) And, you may change any statement to fit your situation better.  How many boxes can you tick?
 
I currently save at least 10% of my income.
I pay my bills on time, virtually always.
My income source/revenue base is stable and predictable.
I know how much I must have to be minimally financially independent   and I have a plan to get there.
I have returned or made-good-on any money I borrowed.
I have written agreements and am current with payments to individuals or companies to whom  I owe money.
I have 6 months' living expenses in a money market-type account.
I live on a weekly budget which allows me to save and not suffer.
All my tax returns have been filed and all my taxes have been paid.
I currently live well, within my means.
I have excellent medical insurance.
My assets (car, home, possessions, treasures) are well-insured.
I have a financial plan for the next year.
I have no legal clouds hanging over me.
My will is up-to-date and accurate.
Any parking tickets or child support obligations are paid and current.
My investments do not keep me awake at night.
I know how much I am worth.
I am on a career/professional/business track which is or will soon be financially and personally rewarding.
My earnings are commensurate with the effort I put into my job.
I have no "loose ends" at work.
I  am in relationship with people who can assist in my career/professional development.
I rarely miss work due to illness.
I am putting aside enough money each month to reach financial independence.
My earnings outpace inflation, consistently.

There are 25 boxes - how many did you tick?

SCORING
 
Initial scores for the first-time participant range, on average, between 7 - 17 points out of the 25 points possible. Most people who are "using" our financial coaching programs increase their scores between 2 and 6 points per month. Points are added more quickly at first, slowing down significantly after one has added 5 or so points. Major plateau areas are at 18, 20 and 22. Those last few are the ones which are most worth working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment